It has been such a busy, yet fun time for us lately. It is baseball season for Drew and we are on the most incredible team. Not because of natural talent (although there is some of that on our team) but because of the coaches and families. Our friends, The Owens, were able to pick Drew up in the Draft this season. Drew was on their team for All-Stars about two years ago and our families became immediate friends. The baseball experience this year is going to be hard to beat. There is so much great and positive coaching ( there have been some tough-love moments too that was much needed), the practice facilities are unbeatable (they practice in the Owens back yard which has an actual baseball infield as well as batting cages, bull pens and pitching machines)! They practice twice a week with 4 full time coaches and the mom's all sit and watch and chat in a beautiful picturesque backyard. The most important thing to the coaches is team work and are always trying to instill how important working as a team is. Then there are the games, where all the moms are all decked out in White Sox hats with rhinestones and other White Sox gear supporting our little ballplayers! The Owen family turned a ho-hum outing to a semi-pro ball game into an experience the boys (and Mom's) will remember for a lifetime. They rented a Hummer Limousine to take the Mom's to the game and the coaches, players, and siblings home! We adorned the hummer with White Sox decals ( the limo driver thought he was picking up actual White Sox pro-players...boy he must have been disappointed)! It was so much fun! We all sat in the stand together and had the most attendance from any other team! What a memorable year...and it's not over yet! We are still going to have an end of the season party where all dads and boys will camp in their back yard as the moms and girls slumber peacefully inside. There will be many activities that night too and I'll update with pictures!
Thanks for viewing our page! We are the D'Ambra Family and we live in Southern California. Mike and I have been married for 14 years now and we have three wonderful boys Max (13), Drew (11), and Jack (7). Mike is a Regional Manager for a shutter company and is also a Real Estate Agent, wonderful husband and father. I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations. I have a continuing program of research, (what mother doesn't), in the laboratory and in the field, (normally the fmily SUV). I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family), and already have three credits, (all sons). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities, (any mother care to disagree?) and I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money. I am buoyed up by my glamorous career everyday as I am greeted by my lab assistants - ages 13, 11, and 7.
1 comment:
HI GABI, GREAT PICTURES OF DREW!! It sound like alot of fun!! I miss those days so much!!
Post a Comment